The Earth 1.7.1/1.7.2 Map for Minecraft 1.7 for Minecraft 1.6.2 is a very clever map that was made by the creator ‘salexp’. This map actually allows you to play a Minecraft map that very closely resembles Earth itself. This map was generated using various images from Nasa, and specs like landmass, elevation and even vegetation were all included! This map is very large, but if you are a fast enough computer then I think this is definitely worth a download!
The Earth Map for Minecraft 1.6.2 Main Features!
- The Earth Map is fully playable. This means that there are naturally spawning Minecraft ores, trees and mobs!
- Not only does this Minecraft version of Earth include all of the countries, but it even shows the real deserts, and even Mt. Everest!
- Everything is in proportion, the sea level of this map is 40 blocks high, which makes Mt. Everest 121 blocks tall!
- This map even has rivers, city signs, ore clumps, and ocean topography!
The Earth Map for Minecraft 1.6.2 Pros and Cons!
- This map has two separate downloads, one for single player and one for sever multiplayer.
- This Minecraft map is fully updated to the latest patch of 1.6.2 Minecraft.
- Unfortunately, the post for this map has not been updated in almost two years.
The Earth Map for Minecraft 1.6.2 Changelogs!
- There are currently no public change logs for this map.
How to install the The Earth Map for Minecraft 1.6.2!
- Firstly, I would recommend installing OptiFine to play this map as it is quite large and may be difficult to run!
- Next, download The Earth Map and drag and drop the .zip files into the following location: %appdata%/.minecraft/saves.
- Next, open your Minecraft main menu, select the chosen save file and enjoy your new map!